In 1955, a group of farmers wanted to have a place to deposit money and get loans as needed to carry them through the farming season. The banks at that time did not offer anything that would help these farmers during the off-season while waiting to be paid once crops had been harvested. Therefore, this group decided to organize and form a credit union to meet their needs.
The original credit union office was located in the Jackson County Farm Bureau Co-op store. Since the organization was formed to help the farmers, this seemed to be the most logical place. The initial field of membership included any member of Farm Bureau Inc., any stockholder of Jackson County Farm Bureau Co-op, and any employee of Farm Bureau or the Co-op.